Default to walking or biking
Consider using your body to get you where you need to go.
* Bike or walk to downtown Burbank to ice-skate at The Rink (Dec 14 - Jan 7).
* During the school year, Saturdays are crazy busy. Use these slower Saturday mornings to walk down to the Farmer's Market with the kids. Try a fruit or vegetable you haven't seen before.
* Don't drive - walk to downtown to see a morning movie at the AMC.
*Stroll to Olive & Glenoaks to see the Burbank float the week after the Rose Parade.
Choose active over sedentary
* Take the relatives bowling at Pickwick Bowl.
* Drive to the beach in the winter. The cousins can play tag in the sand, get a volleyball game together or put their toes in the water.
* Take bikes or boards to the Burbank Skate Park.
* Splurge on a horseback ride for the group at the Equestrian Center.
This holiday season a little planning and an active mind-set can help you:
Stay Active, Keep Moving and
Enjoy Your Food