- Know what fitness options you will have at your destination.
- Does the hotel offer classes? Does it have a fitness room?
- Does your home gym have a location near your destination? Know the visitor policy.
- Does the hotel desk offer a running route? Explore the area.
- Pack workout clothes and tools. A jump rope and resistance bands take up very little room in your suitcase. Or take a workout dvd with you.
- Know your visit schedule. If you have a workshop at 8am, you will need to get up early to workout. Or if you have mandatory dinner meetings, it might be difficult to exercise in the evening.
Be creative -
- Use the hotel room chair for tricep dips.
- Slide hand towels under your feet for pike hip lifts.
- Run the hotel stairs. Use the stairs for incline pushups and lunges.
Healthy eating -
- Carry nuts and dried fruit so you always have a healthy snack option.
- If you know the restaurant you will visit, peruse the menu on-line to make a healthy choice before arriving.
- Decide what you will eat at the free breakfast bar before walking downstairs. Plain oatmeal, yogurt, hard boiled eggs and fruit are usually good options.
Strive for maintenance in your fitness level while you are traveling. Don't worry if you are not working out as hard as you usually do. Take time to enjoy your destination and be ready to get back into your routine when you return.